The Practice Committee’s handling of personal data

Information to the data subject

The University of Copenhagen is the data controller of the personal data, which the Practice Committee receives and obtains in connection with cases, which the Practice Committee manages and processes under act no. 383 of 26 April 2017 on research misconduct etc.

The personal data are processed by the Practice Committee according to the rules of the data protection regulation article 6(1) (c) and (e).

The Practice Committee at the University of Copenhagen will obtain the information necessary for proceeding the case. This will usually be information on civil registration number, name, address, employment, publications, research, education and email address.

This means that the Practice Committee at the University of Copenhagen can register, process and exchange information with the Danish Committee on Research Misconduct and with the parties of the case in order to consider the case under the legislation. This also means that the parties to cases before the Practice Committee generally are entitled to obtain access to the Practice Committee’s information processed about the party itself and have the right to make objection against that personal information is processed. You can contact the Practice Committee's secretariat securely as follows:

  • By e-boks (Danish government secure electronic mail) to: University of Copenhagen, CVR No.: 29 97 98 12, attn.: The Practice Committee's secretariat
  • By secure email to:, attn.: The Practice Committee’s secretariat
  • By regular mail to: Rector’s Office, Nørregade 10, PO BOX 2177, 1077 København K, attn.: The Practice Committee’s secretariat

You can read more about the Practice Committee's handling of personal data in the University of Copenhagen's general policy on information security.

The University of Copenhagen has a Data Protection Officer, whom the parties of the cases before the Practice Committee can contact if there are questions regarding the processing of personal data. You can contact the Data Protection Officer on

Complaints about the Practice Committee's processing of personal data please contact the Data Protection Agency on